Pages

October 12, 2011

The Little America Hotel. Salt Lake City, UT ~ thumbs up!

I know, this blog is about sewing but the hotel was so pretty that I wanted to document it. Maybe YOU will go to the Sewing Summit next year and you'll want to know what the amenities were like. Take a peek at the pictures. Would YOU want to stay here for the weekend after reading this post?


My suite at Little America, 17th floor corner room

This was THE most comfortable bed with the squishiest, fluffiest pillows.

I should have taken a picture of the bed after turn-down service. Two little chocolates on my pillow, the corner of the bed turned down, a soft white robe laying there ready for me, soft lamps glowing on the nightstand, curtains all drawn closed & classical music playing softly in the background. Such bliss!!

My suite also had a little dining room w/glass top table & two period chairs. I had breakfast & socialized with the others down at our group breakfast each morning. They had such a yummy set up ~ oatmeal & fresh fruit, sausages & potatoes. Hot tea for me!

Exactly opposite the bed is a sliding glass door opening to a balcony (see below). Weather was rainy with temps in the mid 50s. Yay! Isn't this an amazing view?!?

There was also a little dressing room w/vanity & closet, plus a separate bathroom w/HUGE oval tub & glass door that swung in or out to open. Luxurious amenities :)

This was just the most comfortable & wonderful suite through & through!!

Excellent rooms, excellent food, a roaring fire in the lobby and enthusiastic bellman ~ I whole heartedly recommend this hotel to anyone & I hope that on my next trip it will be our family all together or a little weekend away with my hubby. SLC was lots of happening theatre! I was shocked, actually, to see what progressive or scandalous shows were in town or coming to town! SLC is not a prude town!


No comments:

Post a Comment